Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Week one

Wow. What a week it’s been. We’ve got a baby in the house…a baby! It’s still kind of surreal and every once in a while Erin and I look at each other and say “We’ve got a baby” and smile.

It was hard to know what to expect this first week. Lots of people were saying that we’d never get any sleep so we asked family to stay away and give us a few days to get into the swing of things. AKA: Stay away because we’ll be wicked cranky. But so far, we’ve found Ava to be an easy going baby who’s pretty quiet and loves to sleep. We know a couple of families with babies who didn’t want to sleep and they had a tough time so we know how fortunate we are. Very fortunate.

This week I’ve been barfed on, pooped on, peed on, changed poopy diapers, wiped a baby poopy butt, had a baby burp right in my face, had to change my shirt three times in a day, changed Ava’s outfit four times in 2 hours, changed her diaper 3 mintues after I just changed her…sigh. Ordinarily I’d be grossed out but somehow it’s all ok. It’s my kids poop. As a matter fo fact, she peed on me this morning and I just smiled and changed her knowing that Erin’s going to get peed on next. It’s a wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment